Invest in Your Teen’s Smile
The teen years (between the ages of 12 and 16) are the most common time for orthodontic treatment in Suwanee because most of your teenager’s permanent teeth will have grown in.
At Suwanee Orthodontics, we offer some solutions that make the treatment process much easier than ever before.
All About Teen Braces in Suwanee
Experienced orthodontists like Dr. Kim can easily recognize issues with spacing, crowding, bite, and alignment in this age range. By this time, your teen’s bone and jaw structure are formed enough to allow orthodontic treatment to begin.
Some teens may have even started Phase I treatment at an earlier age, and are now following it up with full braces or other orthodontic treatment.
Beyond outward appearances, untreated dental problems can have a lasting impact on your teen’s oral and overall health.
If you notice any of the following issues, we recommend a complimentary consultation with Dr. Kim at Suwanee Orthodontics, since they could be signs your teen may benefit from orthodontic treatment.
- Early, late, or irregular loss of their baby teeth
- Difficulty with chewing or biting
- Crowding or extra spacing between teeth
- Jaws that shift or make sounds
- Frequent biting of the cheek or the inside of the mouth
- Teeth that meet abnormally or not at all
- Jaws and teeth that are out of proportion to the rest of the face
- Protrusion of teeth
What Are Bad Bites?
Diagnosing and successfully treating certain bite problems can have short-term and long-term benefits.
Problems classified as “bad bites” can often be minimized with the proper orthodontic treatment, including:
- Crooked or crowded teeth
- Missing or extra teeth
- An overbite or underbite
- Incorrect jaw position
- A disorder of the jaw joint
Benefits of a Straight Smile
Straight teeth that respond well to orthodontic treatment have many benefits, including:
- Being less prone to wear and tear, chipping, and tooth trauma
- Being easier to keep clean, helping to prevent tooth decay and cavities
- Reducing the chances of developing gum disease, which can result in bone loss, decay, and tooth loss
- Improving proper chewing and digestion of food
Choose Your Look
While creating a customized treatment plan for your teen, we might recommend an orthodontic appliance.
Here at Suwanee Orthodontics, we offer:
Today’s metal braces are more lightweight and comfortable than ever before.
Ceramic braces work the same way as metal braces, with the added benefit of clear brackets.
Clear Aligners for Teens
Clear aligners like Invisalign for Teens are a clear alternative to traditional braces and offer flexibility that's second-to-none.
FAQs About Teen Orthodontics in Suwanee
Make an Investment in Your Teen’s Smile Today
Although adults in Suwanee can successfully complete orthodontic treatment, a teen’s jaws and teeth can respond quicker to orthodontic treatment, shortening their total treatment time.
Orthodontic treatment is an investment in your child’s future. During your free consultation, Dr. Kim will be happy to discuss the benefits of treatment as well as the risk of putting it off.