You’ve Made it to the Finish Line
You’ve worked hard to achieve your goal of a beautiful, healthy smile!
Thank you for choosing Suwanee Orthodontics to share in this exciting time in your life. However, your job isn’t over yet.
Maintain Your Smile for Life
At Suwanee Orthodontics, our retainer program helps you maintain your new, beautifully aligned smile.
It’s not uncommon to lose a retainer, so we’ll provide four retainers for up to six years after your treatment so that you can feel confident in your commitment!
Follow Your Retainer Instructions
To maintain your excellent result, you need to follow your retainer instructions. This is key to the success of the entire orthodontic process!
Your retention phase will last for at least two years. Your final orthodontic smile depends on your retainers, so follow through with the hard work you've put in so far.
An orthodontic retainer is a commitment, but it’s easy. Follow these simple instructions from Suwanee Orthodontics to maintain your confident smile:
- Wear your retainers whenever you are at home unless we tell you otherwise.
- You can remove them to eat and brush your teeth.
- Remove them to swim or play contact sports.
- Make sure you bring your retainer to your follow-up appointments.
- We need to see you with your retainer to make sure it fits correctly.
- Keep your retainer case with you.
- Keep your retainers safe when you remove them by always placing them in your case.
- If you notice that your retainer doesn’t fit properly or is cracked or broken, call us to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kim as soon as possible.
- An orthodontic retainer can warp and break easily.
- Keep your retainers away from hot water, hot cars, your pockets, the washing machine, dryers, and napkins.
- Clean your retainers thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush, toothpaste, and warm but not hot water.
- Brushing retainers removes plaque and eliminates odors.
- You may have a little trouble speaking while wearing your retainer at first. It just takes a little practice.
- Try talking, reading or singing out loud with your retainer in to get used to them quickly.
- If you break or lose your retainer, call us right away.
- If you aren’t wearing retainers, your teeth will move quickly.